Music on Main and Redshift Music Society seek 100 guitar players
Music on Main and Redshift Music Society present 100 Very Good Reasons Why _____ for 100 electric guitars, by Tim Brady, an INSTRUMENTS OF HAPPINESS creation, on Sunday November 6, 2016 as part of Music on Main’s Modulus Festival. This exciting collaborative project brings together 100 amateur and professional electric guitar players, of varying ages and backgrounds, and culminates with two free public performances at The Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre in Vancouver.
We welcome guitarists of all backgrounds to audition for this community project.
100 Very Good Reasons Why _____ for 100 electric guitars is a 15-minute public performance piece. Players will be divided into 4 sections of 25 players each. There will be two sectional rehearsals, one dress rehearsal, and two free public performances (both performances on the same day).
General Project Requirements:
– An ability to read music is beneficial, but not required, if able to learn by ear.
– Players must own or have access to an electric guitar to bring to the rehearsals and performances.
How to Register:
Interested musicians who would like to join the 100 Very Good Reasons Why _____ for 100 electric guitars, by Tim Brady, an INSTRUMENTS OF HAPPINESS creation project must fill out a registration form online. Please see link below.
Deadline to register: October 29th 2016
All participating guitar players must agree to:
– Provide his/her own, or have access to, an electric guitar, 1/4 inch cable and rehearsal amp;
– Be able to transport your own guitar and amp to the rehearsal and performance venues;
– Fill out the online Registration Form;
– Sign a participation media waiver;
– Attend ALL of the following scheduled rehearsals and performances. Exact time of sectional rehearsals will be announced after players are assigned to sections.
Rehearsal 1 (sectional) Saturday, October 29, 2016
Vancouver Academy of Music (1270 Chestnut Street, Vancouver) The rehearsal will be only 1.5 hours long, and will take place between 2:00-9:00PM.
Rehearsal 2 (sectional) EITHER Tuesday, November 1, 2016 or Thursday, November 3, 2016
The Post at 750, (750 Hamilton Street, Vancouver): The rehearsal will be only 1.5 hours long, and will take place 6:30PM-10:00PM on one of these two days. Players must be available for both days but will be required to attend only one.
Rehearsal 3, Dress Rehearsal (all players) Saturday, November 5, 2016
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre (181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver): Call time 10:00AM-12:00PM.
Performance Day (all players), Sunday, November 6, 2016
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre (181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver): Call time 1:00-6:00PM (with a break between performances).